Wednesday, August 18, 2010

Gerry Charm School - Put Down the Phone!


Believe it or not, my husband thinks that the cell phone is the single worst invention known to man. I am not sure that I agree with him but I do feel that sometimes it can really be just a big pain the you know what.

So my mission, and yes I have chosen to accept it, is to give Gerry his charm school lesson on the art of knowing when to answer his cell. Gerry is always busy and his phone is constantly ringing. He is the guru of the iphone of which I am the challenged one! He stands there all cool with that thing on his ear, I believe it's called a Bluetooth or something like that-not a fan at all! You can be in mid sentence when he puts his finger up as if to say Shhh.... I got a call.

Of course I am usually totally cool with it..he is the man and things don't get done if he can't get his job done and if I was the one calling him I would certainly want him to answer. BUT there need to be limits. So what do I think?

Never answer a call when you are with a customer unless of course it pertains to them. I would love your undivided attention-what I am saying is critical to our success!

But of course if the call is from Jim Garman call-feel free to answer that one