Monday, August 16, 2010

Back to School - Garman Homes Style


Hi, I'm Jim...and I spend way too much money.  

Picture me sitting at a tiny desk as Mike Loiacono paces back and forth in front of a chalkboard, pausing his lectures occasionally to whack my knuckles with a ruler.  Picture me starting a journal in which I diligently journal ideas that could save our company money.  Picture a final exam page filled with questions about our overhead cost codes and budgets.  Ouch.  I have a lot to learn!  

Back to School is a movement at Garman Homes.  Back to School is our way of saying, "Hey, we aren't so good at some things, let's get better!"  Back to School is about owning our weaknesses...publicly.  

The entire Garman  Homes team is going Back to School.  Read about it here.  Follow our progress from  our first admission "Hi, my name is..." through our senior projects...like mine..."Controlling Overhead as a Percentage of Projected Revenue."  

Laugh with us.  Laugh at us.  But always know our intentions are solid gold.  We are tossing our egos aside and opening up to you.   Please give us the benefit of the doubt.