Tuesday, June 14, 2011

Culture Book 2011 - Laurel Schawel

There are so many things that make the Garman Homes company culture unlike any other builder I've seen. I think every one of us could write a whole book on why Garman Homes is so great. The 4 Garman differences make me proud. Our "no dress code" policy is great! Celebrating each others accomplishments by setting aside a whole day for that person- like a birthday but better because you aren't actually turning a year older- is unheard of! But in my life, my family is my number one. So it was a natural choice for me to write about family.

We are family. I've got all my sisters (and brothers) with me! When asked to write about Garman Homes company culture the first thing that came to my mind was this song. It's really an amazing thing when a group of people who work together treat each other like family. We've taken the team approach to the next level. We respect each other, value each other, encourage each other, trust each other, and back each other up. And the family treatment extends out to our buyers as well. Each new buyer is welcomed into the family and treated the same. We actually care. We get to know our buyers and their families. And sometime, they even get to know ours. We know our buyers by their names and not just by lot number. They are not a number to us.

On a personal level, we are a very family oriented company. You might find little Sam Garman in a pre-party sitting on the table. Or my girls, Ava and Ally, tagging along with me asking how they can help sell a house. We start each pre-party off by going around the table and sharing good news in our business AND personal lives. It's clear that all of our families are our number one and that's allowed here!

There isn't any other place I'd rather work than right here with my family!

Laurel Schawel
Rock Star since January 19, 2011