Thursday, March 1, 2012

All granite is not created equal.



That's me this past summer at Arteleye with Tommy picking out the granite slab for our Parade House.  He was excited to show this slab to me because he knows how much I love slabs with really dramatic veining.  He knew I would pick this slab.  And he was right, I did.

He also knows I hate it when our buyers are disappointed.  So he called me a month ago and told me his Luna Pearl granite slabs came in looking a little differently than they usually do.  He was concerned because we had a buyer who chose Luna Pearl and her house was ready for install but he was worried she may not like this new version.

Wow-talk about being grateful for thoughtful trade partners!

So Tommy sent us pictures of the old Luna Pearl and the new Luna Pearl so we could share with the buyer.  As expected, she didn't like the new Luna Pearl.  Imagine the disappointment he spared our buyer...from walking into her brand new house and seeing a granite she wasn't expecting and didn't even like!

When I called to tell Tommy the buyer really didn't like the new Luna Pearl he stepped up again...and offered the buyer to come to the showroom and pick out another color.  At no additional cost.

She picked out a gorgeous new color.  And Tommy helped us find a way to turn something unexpected into an opportunity to really delight our buyer.  Beautiful.