Wednesday, April 13, 2011

Good Attitude Addendum

I will fire you for a bad attitude.

When you start at Garman Homes this is one of the first things you will hear me say.  And I mean it.  Just ask the Employment Commission.  A few years ago, when I wrote "Bad Attitude" in the box for the "Reason for Termination," they called me.   They couldn't believe that attitude rather than job performance was the basis for the termination.  I gave them an earful.

When we sat down over the holidays to rewrite our purchase agreement, we wanted to include the "Good Attitude Addendum" to be clear with our customers how important this is to us.  Quite simply, it's not enough to want to build a home with us, we also ask you to have a good attitude.  Seriously.  Can a company ask it's customers to have a good attitude?

Absolutely.  Read our Good Attitude Addendum, decide for yourself.