Monday, February 6, 2012

Look at the Newel Posts on that staircase!



Ok, I might have a problem.  I've added a few new addictions to an already full roster of time-suckers including Facebook, Pinterest & Houzz. Have you been on Houzz lately?  It's heaven.  Pinterest?  Oh my...I made 3 recipes from Pinterest just last night.  It's bad.

But back to my point...one good thing to come out of all my time-suck addictions is an appreciation for what a difference the details can make...especially in a home.

That was the inspiration behind our new 6x6 newel posts, shown above in stain grade wood.  Delicious, no?  By the way, Newel Posts are those things at the end of a staircase.  No one in the real world calls them that so feel free to throw around that builder-lingo and impress anyone who might be inclined to be impressed by such things.  Sadly, that might be a really small group of people.

Newel Posts are my new favorite things...look how sturdy they look (in an old house sorta way)!  You can't slide down those things either (which is good news in my house were 3 young girls often try to pull off such shenanigans).  I love the impression they make and that's why I've drawn all over most of our plans and requested the architects change nearly all our plans to include these babies.

Enjoy.

But if you prefer the smaller ones, we can do that too.  To each his own...but for me, these things are swoon-worthy.