Wednesday, February 8, 2012

Thermostat Issue...Resolved!



I have the pleasure of working with the Garman Homes team and owning a Garman Home. This is one of my homeowner stories.

When we moved into our Pinehurst we found that our upstairs was not getting enough heat. My husband and I talked about calling the Garman Team and asking them to look at this issue. We figured the response would be “you have a two-story family room and therefore it is tricky to heat and cool your house”, and nothing would be done. 

But they proved us wrong and stepped up and found a solution. The problem was that our thermostat was in the hall and therefore getting the hot air that was rising in the two-story family room. The solution was to move the thermostat into our master bedroom where it would get less heat from the family room and it worked!

A few weeks later I walked a Pinehurst that was under construction in my neighborhood and the first thing I did was go to the second floor to look for the second floor thermostat. I expected it to be in the same problematic location - the upstairs hall, I was so impressed to see that it had also been moved to the master bedroom. The Team had decided to make the location change on this house and future Pinehursts to prevent the same issue. What?, a builder trying to prevent an issue...nice, I like that!

Kristi Burkett
Garman Homes '07