Tuesday, October 25, 2011

I love a good Remix. Especially one that's Vintage.

So if I were in the habit of picking my favorite house we've never built, I would totally pick the Vintage Remix and here's why:

I love that kitchen.  I love how the whole house wraps around the kitchen.  I love the big family room up front and the more intimate breakfast nook & morning room in the back.  And a back staircase thrills me to no end.  Reminds me of an old house.  Which is how this house got it's name...old house features, new house template.  A Vintage Remix.

The Craftsman - A Elevation
A great front porch, lots of shingles and shutter dogs 
(those little squiggly things on either side of the shutters...aren't they cute?)

The Cottage - B Elevation
Something for all you brick fans out there.
I love the light fixture above the garage door! 

The English Cottage - C Elevation
I'm a board & batten fan (the vertical siding) and 
I love any house with a swoop & stone archway entry!


I want to hang out in the morning room with a great cup of coffee and admire
how organized I might be if I had a mudroom entry with all those built-ins!  

I really like the way BR#2 is secluded from the rest of the bedrooms-it's the perfect guest suite.  
And the lounge is a cozy little spot as ideal for hanging out as it might be for homework. 

What do you like about this plan?