Wednesday, April 7, 2010

Today is a special day...


Today is the day we close on our very first G-Lite home! Every closing is special but today's closing is extra special and I'm extra sentimental because 6 yrs ago today my oldest daughter, Amelia was born. I'm feeling like a proud parent all around since I consider G-Lite my first work-baby and Amelia gave me the gift of motherhood. Not unlike a new mother I'm a mix of excitement, sentimentality and nervousness.

G-lite was the first time I got to be involved behind the scenes on plan designs, included features and basically creating something from scratch. I wanted to make sure we were thoughtful about everything. And we were very thoughtful. At a certain point I'm sure my 'thoughtfulness' morphed into more 'pain in the ass' territory but so be it. This is my work-baby we're talking about. And like I said, I'm extra sentimental today.

We build houses that become someone's HOME. A home is special. My work-baby is becoming someone's home today. Today is special. Make us proud, G-Lite baby.

Mommy loves you! A$